Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 10-27-2016, 12:08 PM

Default My unoffical coop tourney

[THIS IS JUST FOR FUN NO AWARDS HERE]
As some of you might've heard then i'm doing a coop tourney, some might've heard it from toma too. I'm hoping to do it next weekend 11.05 saturday and saturday because in the middle of the week people won't probably come and at sundays it's pro league. The time i'm not sure but probably around 5-9PM GMT.

Time:
5-9PM GMT

Hopefully i get enough people <3

Post in this thread if you want to join
Currently inside the tourney 16/24 (extra 4)
estguy
capitalistocrat
xal
[pope]Hawkward
schweinski
toma
DMCM
Kafka
19cm
apache
iod
v lollo
iod

Extra list:
AireWolfe
paiza
xorg

If possible then i'd like to get about 4 extra people too who won't be disapointed when they can't play but when someone doesn't come then they are allowed in.
The teams will be formed in captain mode with 5 people each team and 4 teams in total therefore 4 extra people someone may cancel. I was thinking to do it this way that 2 teams go to coop+ and 2 other teams go to coop+ advanced. Then play 3 maps there and have 2 max tries. after those 3 then we'll switch. And then who won the most, got the best time or got the farthest in a level. will be put in the finals. And then there will be the same 3 maps again with 2 tries and after than we'll switch servers and there will come our winner. All maps will be used and we choose them with /randomMap command
Alright ill write the maps down what seem reasonable and then randomize it.
The requirement to join is atleast level 60 or if acing then atleast level 53

Last edited by estguy; 11-05-2016 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:30 PM

Sounds good, I'm in ^^

> All maps will be used and we choose them with /randomMap command

Not so sure about this one, it would be nice to have specifically choosen difficult maps with an emphasis on teamwork, where to get good times you really need to work together -- Something like tbd_coop_apocalypse or other 'kill all the turrets' maps aren't particularly good indicators of skill, so I'd rather the map picks not be left to chance.

A set map pool also let's us test the variety of the player's skills -- randa_training being a good example of a map which has quite a few nice technical elements, or tbd_coop_bigelow where you can take a risk and go for the difficult but rewarding emp rush (speaking of which, have we still not had a full emp rush on asteroidrun? ^^).

I do like the idea of playing both tbd/ball and 1de maps -- as much as I prefer 1de in general it would be a shame to miss out on some fantastic maps like ball_coop_jack.

- x.x
Old 10-27-2016, 03:36 PM

well if you want then we could go through all maps and choose the ones that are worth playing
Old 10-28-2016, 03:51 PM

Hey there, get me on the extra list. Would've liked to be on the main list but I might not be able to commit to the timing(7pm eest is 12am here). Thanks!
Old 10-28-2016, 06:00 PM

I'll play, sign me up! I agree with lewish, knowing maps before allows all to train with them and have a better level games. You know many players, including me, still don't know many maps!
Old 10-28-2016, 09:54 PM

I'll play too
Old 10-29-2016, 03:14 PM

I'll play, just don't put me on toma's team
Old 10-29-2016, 05:37 PM

I'd like to play but I'm not sure if I can make it in time so put me on extra list.
Old 10-30-2016, 10:51 PM

I'm afraid 7-11pm ET is midnight-4am here in Europe. Might have been able to make it Saturday afternoon (morning ET) but I'm afraid that's past my bedtime ;-) (and I'll be out at dinner with friends earlier in the evening that day).

Maybe next time...
Old 10-30-2016, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schtucky View Post
I'm afraid 7-11pm ET is midnight-4am here in Europe. Might have been able to make it Saturday afternoon (morning ET) but I'm afraid that's past my bedtime ;-) (and I'll be out at dinner with friends earlier in the evening that day).

Maybe next time...
It's EEST and when you're europ then and i'm europe then there's no way that you can have 4am then
Old 10-31-2016, 12:49 AM

I'm confused, I thought you switched from EEST to EET in Estonia yesterday. Do you mean to say EEST (UTC+3) or EET (UTC+2). Can you post the times in UTC/GMT, then people can calculate their own start time based on their country's switch off Daylight Savings/Summer time back onto standard time.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:47 AM

my bad, this is my first time advertising at the forums, alright i edited the times to gmt for better understanding
Old 10-31-2016, 08:45 PM

I would love to play, but I have D&D sessions scheduled on saturdays...
Old 11-02-2016, 06:22 AM

since might not be able to gather all the people all by myself then it'd be good if anyone of you advertise it in-game or look for people who might be interested